AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 I_vote_lcapCorolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 I_voting_barCorolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 I_vote_lcapCorolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 I_voting_barCorolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Corolla BEAMS conversion

Go down 
+26
jason.french.313
gilli10
noodlekid
BRIDGY
kennydang91
Corolla Sound
MirrorEyes
SHEHROZE ARAIN
tunerken_86
magweal
Sgt_Lyna
SMQKEY
92fxgt
AE101
majelan
97ae102
joey
Steelballz
topnotch
Stefan
QuinnyGT
gold94corolla
AE102GXI
Kiwi-Corolla
ae101ire
john-905
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Went to the scrap yard yesterday in the pissing rain and ridiculous wind! to pick up some engine mounts. I read on a thread on Toyota Owners club Ireland that you can use a Rav4 engine mount from the timing belt side of the 3sge engine, and a gearbox mount (left side) from an Avensis 2ltr to mount the Beams into a corolla engine bay! So off i went to get them and try them out. I measured the distance of the bolts and took pictures before i headed off. 2 hours and a few cuts and bruises later i got them out of their engine bays. lined them up to see if they would work, and so far it looks like i can use them. 2 of the rav4 bolt holes for the chassi line up perfectly as do all the holes and bolts for it to go onto the engine! the 3rd mounting point from the mount to the chassi may have to be re-drilled, not sute yet as the corolla mounts are still on. The Avensis mount bolts straight to the gearbox (taking the celica bracket off first) and the actual mount fits right on the corolla brackets for the gearbox side, so no modifications needed there! According to the thread i read, you can use the standard corolla front mount and the rear mount just needs re-drilling with a few washers. Dying to try this out so...fingers crossed!! :biggrin:

Car cover was blown clean off the car from the bad weather. luckily i found it next to the car (at 6 in the morning) and left it under some bricks till the wind fecked off!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060561

Bracket that was left on the beams gerabox from the SSIII
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060557

Measured distances
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060558

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060559

Back from the scrap yard, 2 mounts Wink
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060574

Rav4 timing belt side mount
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060575

Avensis 2ltr gearbox side mount
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060576

Today i took the exhaust manifold and down pipe off the corolla, Loosened the hose from the clutch to the gearbox. (Dont know if anyone realizes this but these come off easily if you just undo two nuts. The hose doesn't have to be cut. Ive seen some mechanics just cut them!) Theres a small screw on type nut that undoes the metal pipe that goes from this small hose to the clutch paddle that releases the clutch when you press the clutch pedal (theres probably a better description for it but you know what i mean haha) and theres a slightly bigger nut that holds down the small metal plate that supports the hose. Take these two off and it separates the hose from the gearbox without cutting the hose! you can just attach it to the beams gear box easily. (they match up, ive checked them). I also drained some of the brake fluid from the reservoir with a turkey baster (great tool Wink ) Labeled a few more wires and disconnected them, and also attempted to take the little brackets off the gear selectors that hold them in place on the gearbox, but they wouldn't budge, so instead i just unbolted the whole larger bracket they sit on, much easier!! After looking at the gear selectors, they look exactly the same as the celica ones, so i may just leave them as they are, saves me taking the gear stick apart and attaching new ones. I bought a corolla short shifter from ebay before christmas so im going to just put that on. Also if i have anything named or identified wrongly here please feel free to point it out! want this to be right Wink

Taking downpipe off the cat
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060562

Exhaust manifold off
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060564

Lined the Celica downpipe along side the Corolla one. You can see the thickness difference and the slight shape difference too, not too worried about that tho as it will fit the way it should under the engine!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060563

Taking the bolt off the small bracket that holds the hose from the clutch to the gearbox.
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060565

Drained some brake fluid (dot 3) as it was coming out of the hose i just unbolted.
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 1-1

Was unbolting the gear selectors from the firewall, but decided to just leave them as i might use the corolla ones!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060568

more labeling and unplugging of wires here. The engine is now standing alone, that is there are no wires connected to the inside of the car or the engine bay (earths etc) so all i need to disconnect now are the hoses from the swirly pot (fuel vapour pot) from the injectors and intake, and take the drive shafts out (which ive looked up how to do in the haynes manual) then unbolt the mounts and out she comes. Hopefully soon. weather permitting!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060569

Work in progress!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060570

More tomorrow. Thank you for your comments also and support. Much appreciated :thum:
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:39 pm

nice work there mate..
btw the charcoal canister can be removed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:46 am

Cool, gonna swap it for the celica one, or does it make any difference??
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:33 am

it doesnt actually make any difference, mine has been removed for over a year now.. i dont have it any more..

will get more info about why you dont need it... or contact nastyrash2003 on here. he isnt very active on here but he knows his stuff..

i go to him for most of my mods.. lol
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:16 am

cool, thanks mate. Meant to ask you too, the power steering pump. Im planning to use the corolla one and mount it to the front so i can leave the plumbing where it is. if that doesnt work, il just use the celica one and put the corolla pully on it, then mount it at the back and re-route the plumbing, Just wondering, if you look at the photos above of the corolla ps pump. there are two hoses that, one that screws in to the ps pump and one that fits on with a clip. both go to the ps pump reservoir. then there are two thin vacum hoses coming off the ps pump and go around the back of the corolla engine and fit just under the intake. do you know where i would put these on the 3sge engine? what ps pump set up have you done on your 3sgte? thanks man
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:09 am

i dont have a 3sgte.. you will have to ask john or stefan...

the 2 vacuum lines on mine as just open.. they just arent connected to anything lol... the pipes off the inlet mani are blocked off on mine
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Sorry man, was thinking of johns 3sgte haha. Hmm, your not using the vacum pipes! might give that ago too!
Back to top Go down
majelan

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi Iam following your project .and awaiting updates .
I would like to know which mountings you are using.
Back to top Go down
majelan

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:53 am

majelan wrote:
Hi Iam following your project .and awaiting updates .
I would like to know which mountings you are using.
Sorry mate, I read the topic and realised you mentioned the rav4 3s ge timing belt mount
the avensis 2 ltr gear side mount and the rest are the corolla mounts.
Back to top Go down
john-905
Elite Member
Elite Member
john-905

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:05 am

miib14 wrote:
i dont have a 3sgte.. you will have to ask john or stefan...

the 2 vacuum lines on mine as just open.. they just arent connected to anything lol... the pipes off the inlet mani are blocked off on mine
x2 mine ent connected either, i run a standard 3sgte pump on mine, and the corolla pipe bolted straight on, my pump did bolt on the back as standard though
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:08 am

majelan wrote:

Sorry mate, I read the topic and realised you mentioned the rav4 3s ge timing belt mount
the avensis 2 ltr gear side mount and the rest are the corolla mounts.

No worries mate. Il post more updates about the mounts when im sure they work!
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:09 am

john-905 wrote:

x2 mine ent connected either, i run a standard 3sgte pump on mine, and the corolla pipe bolted straight on, my pump did bolt on the back as standard though

Thanks john, ya not sure what im going to do with the ps pump yet, but il be going for the easier option haha
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 am

Great weather today so got the drive shafts out and a new ball joint in that ive been meaning to do for ages

First things first. I Took the wheel off to show the cotter pin and star shaped clip.
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060587

Then pulled the cotter pin out with a needle nose plyers and the star shaped clip that just clips off, to reveal the nut behind it.
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060586

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060584

If you have wheels with a center piece that clips out, you can take the cv joint nut off easier by taking this off and putting the wheel back on the hub, so the socket wrench can fit into the center piece Wink
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060616

Put the wheel back on and lower the car so the weight is on the wheels...
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060599

Then use a good torque wrench with a 30mm long socket to loosen the nut! (Make sure its a long one, otherwise the end of the cv joint stops the socket from getting fully on to the nut!!)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060598

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060585

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060600

When the nut is loosened, i unscrewed it to the very end of the cv joint so its level with the end of the cv joint (so when you tap it with a mallet, you don't flatten the end of the cv joint so the nut wont get stuck on!)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060601

The drive shaft moved back slightly after i tapped it (not too hard, just needed a sharp whack!!) I then loosened the top nut of the ball joint. Just loosen this, don't take it off.
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060603

Then i took the nuts and one bolt off from underneath. (these where a bitch to get off!! i suggest using a hammer on a strong socket wrench, rubber mallet works too!)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060604

With those off, i used a large flat head screw driver to pry the ball joint from the control arm. I was able to freely move the hub. Turned it out and the drive shaft came out of the hub! Wink (happy frigg'n dayz!! haha)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060605

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060606

Gearbox side of the shaft was still in so i put a basin under the gear box and used a large flat head screwdriver and a mallet, to tap out the inner cv joint from the gearbox!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060607

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060608

Put the ball joint back onto the control arm and put the wheel back on. Thats one side done (learning a lot about cars as i go hahaha)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060617

Other side! car jacked up, wheel off. same again with the center piece out!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060613

Funny enough, some mechanic at some stage lost the original 30mm nut and cotter pin! and replaced it with a 32mm nut (only the outside was thicker, the inside threads were still the same!), so used a long 32mm socket to take this off. Same again putting the wheel back on and unscrewing the nut Wink
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060614

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060621-1

Unscrewed it to the end and tapped it with a mallet
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060622

A shot of the 30mm nut and socket, and the 32mm nut and socket. These should be both 30mm with clips and cotter pins!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060623

Again, i unbolted the ball joint! (This one was an experience, i tell you that!!)
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060627

Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060628

Pulled the hub away from the shaft and it dropped out...
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060629

Gave the inner cv joint a tap with the mallet and screwdriver, then out it came too! Walla!! Thats that done Wink
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060630

I decided while i have the ball joint away from the control arm, id go ahead and replace it cause it was fucked!! This was a huge pain in thew arse to do!! The main bolt (on the top) was literally fused with the metal on the hub!! I sprayed the shit out of it with silicone oil and belted it with a hammer a load of times!! eventually it dropped to the floor haha, victory!! cheers Getting the new one in was more fun!!

New ball joint
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060631

Old one beside new one!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060632

Cleaned up the metal!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060633

After wrestling like an arse with a pry bar, the hub, control arm and awkward positions with my foot trying to hold down the control arm to fit the new ball joint, i decided to unbolt the top of the drop link to get more slack on the control arm. Dunno if this is what people do to fit these, but i did it anyway and it worked, so if you didn't know, now you know haha, makes it a hell of a lot easier!! I used a trolly jack to jack up the control arm and take the stress off the drop link to take it out easier, then took out the trolly jack to fit the new ball joint!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060635

Just push down on the control arm and the ball joint bolts fit in real easy Wink
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060636

New ball joint fitted Wink Happy dayz again!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060638

Jack up the control arm again to re-bolt the drop link! Done!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060637

These are the shafts. The top one is the passenger shaft from the st202 Celica
The middle one is half a passenger shaft from the st182 Celica
And the bottom one is my 1.3 Corolla passenger shaft!!
I counted the splines on the outer end of all shafts and its 26!! thats Corolla and Celica. I fitted the st202 shaft to the corolla hub and it fits, only thing is, is that the cv joint (the widest part where the boot ends) is too big, it fits but would cause problems!! plus the st202 passenger shaft will be too long when the engine goes in (as i was told) so, im using...

The inner cv joint from the st202 passenger shaft, to put on the st182 shaft, then using a corolla cv joint, for the outer part of the shaft. so basically it will be an st182 Celica shaft, with a Celica st202 inner cv joint, and a Corolla outer cv joint! I can use an st182 inner cv joint instead of the st202, but i already have an st202 one! saves me money!! (Christ that was painful haha) Hopefully this will work! il have to try it to see!!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060639

These are the Driver side shafts. The top one is an st202 Celica shaft, and the Corolla shaft underneath. These are roughly the same length, with about 3 or 4 mm difference. I did notice on both passenger and driver side shafts, the outer cv joints are longer, which may interfere with the wheel, but if the corolla outer cv joints work, this wont be a problem! Wink

Il be using this st202 driver side shaft with a corolla outer cv joint! Hopefully!!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060640

Left it at that for today. Put the wheel back on and lowered the car. I also picked up a cat and the st202 beams exhaust. The cat however is from a gt4 celica i think, and i wont be able to use it so if anyone needs one, i have it for sale, de-polluted too!! Also got some beams bumper lights and ABS control for when i get around t doing it!
Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 P1060620

More tomorrow Wink

Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am

nice work there mate!

you going to be poly bushing it?

weigh the cat in, you will get some money back...
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks man. Poly what now?? haha
An ya, gonna exchange it for a ps pump Wink
Back to top Go down
topnotch
Elite Member
Elite Member
topnotch

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:00 pm

this is some good stuff mate am liking this build so far.
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:55 am

Thanks mate Wink
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:34 am

Might be some useful info for some one: Measured the thickness of the outer cv joints of the celica and corolla cv joints, where the splines fit the hub, and they are both the same thickness with 26 splines! The only difference at the outer part, is the threads where the bolt goes on. The corolla one is 30mm, the celica one is 32! (the driver side shaft is from an st202 SSIII beams celica, and thats the one thats 32mm. The other shaft is from a st182 celica but theres no cv joints on it yet,so i dont know what measurements they are)
Back to top Go down
majelan

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:30 pm

RedTune wrote:
Might be some useful info for some one: Measured the thickness of the outer cv joints of the celica and corolla cv joints, where the splines fit the hub, and they are both the same thickness with 26 splines! The only difference at the outer part, is the threads where the bolt goes on. The corolla one is 30mm, the celica one is 32! (the driver side shaft is from an st202 SSIII beams celica, and thats the one thats 32mm. The other shaft is from a st182 celica but theres no cv joints on it yet,so i dont know what measurements they are)
These are very useful information which help me alot.
Do you know if the halfshaft of the st182 is the same as the st185 because I might have one under the piles of parts i have, i will look for it and measure it.
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:31 pm

No problem mate, thats what its here for Wink Not sure about the st185 shafts, havent looked into them. i do know that the st202 passenger side is too long to use with the corolla. I was told i could use a st162 or 182, but was advised to use the 182 because they are stronger (thicker shaft). measure the st185 passenger shaft you have and il measure the st182 and let you know. Bare in mind i only have the passenger side, not the driver side. Use st202 for driver side with a cv joint that will work for the corolla hub (thats what im figuring out at the moment) also, im only doing this with the cv joints because i want to use my 4 stud corolla hubs with my new wheels. the easier option is to use an st202 driver side shaft with no modifications done to it, and an st182 half shaft with st202 outer cv joint, and use these shafts with celica 5 hubs (which are 5 stud) Wink then, the only other thing to do is on the driver side, make a driveshaft carrier bracket for it to bolt to the car. (have a look at the st202 driver shaft pictured with the corolla shaft above to see the bracket, its on the left of the shaft) Hope this helps. This is info i got from researching and asking questions to people that have tried it and made it work!! so heres hoping haha, Good luck with your build mate. Happy to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
majelan

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:03 pm

RedTune wrote:
No problem mate, thats what its here for Wink Not sure about the st185 shafts, havent looked into them. i do know that the st202 passenger side is too long to use with the corolla. I was told i could use a st162 or 182, but was advised to use the 182 because they are stronger (thicker shaft). measure the st185 passenger shaft you have and il measure the st182 and let you know. Bare in mind i only have the passenger side, not the driver side. Use st202 for driver side with a cv joint that will work for the corolla hub (thats what im figuring out at the moment) also, im only doing this with the cv joints because i want to use my 4 stud corolla hubs with my new wheels. the easier option is to use an st202 driver side shaft with no modifications done to it, and an st182 half shaft with st202 outer cv joint, and use these shafts with celica 5 hubs (which are 5 stud) Wink then, the only other thing to do is on the driver side, make a driveshaft carrier bracket for it to bolt to the car. (have a look at the st202 driver shaft pictured with the corolla shaft above to see the bracket, its on the left of the shaft) Hope this helps. This is info i got from researching and asking questions to people that have tried it and made it work!! so heres hoping haha, Good luck with your build mate. Happy to help Very Happy
Now one thing will differ our passenger side will differ depending which country you are Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:20 pm

haha, just flip it around! Razz
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

nice one mate.. some good info there..

im keeping an eye on this thread... im hoping to buy another saloon and then drop a 3S-GE in to it..
Back to top Go down
RedTune
Elite Member
Elite Member
RedTune

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks mate. Do it!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 am

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corolla BEAMS conversion   Corolla BEAMS conversion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Corolla BEAMS conversion
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next