AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
mighty car mods EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
mighty car mods EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
mighty car mods EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
mighty car mods EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
mighty car mods EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
mighty car mods EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
mighty car mods EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
mighty car mods EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
mighty car mods EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
mighty car mods EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
mighty car mods EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
mighty car mods EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
mighty car mods EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
mighty car mods EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
mighty car mods EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
mighty car mods I_vote_lcapmighty car mods I_voting_barmighty car mods I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
mighty car mods I_vote_lcapmighty car mods I_voting_barmighty car mods I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
jorpakko
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

mighty car mods

Go down 
+2
magweal
knite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 pm

does anyone else watch this? its a youtube series programme and has about 3 series. Its a bit like pimp my ride but with more reality lol Very Happy they full of helpfull tips and they have a short film out which is awesome Smile

here is a link to the film

Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
magweal

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Yip I've seen these dudes, good old Aussies cheers
Have you seen the ep when they go to Japan???
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Yeap great show Smile
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

yeah its an awesome show
Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 am

yeh the jap auctions are insane Smile
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 am

I'm not really a fan of MCM, the problem is that they're not exactly experts but too many people think that they are and thus treat their words as gospel - the whole pod-filter debate is a prime example of this. Another problem is that they sometimes come across something which is actually rare and/or special, but because of the popularity and range of the show it gets a little too much exposure and every bogan and his dog want it/think it's cool, which devalues it (JZ conversions into X80 Cressidas, for instance).

I know people who have MX83 Cressidas, tastefully modified but still running the original 7M, have people come up to them on the street and say "how come you haven't put a 1J in mate", purely because MCM makes it sound like the must-have thing of the week. Sure, 1JZs are great engines (I should know), but when you put them in just about anything with 4 wheels it just gets ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
MCM

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey guys, glad you're enjoying the feature film.. was a great experience making that one.

Hiro to repond to your post, keep in mind we never ever claim to be experts. We do as much research as possible (many people are contacted who ARE considered experts in their field) to try and present the facts. In the pod filter and CAI episode, we showed the results that we got on the day, and even invited people to respond with their results in the same situation.

Putting a 1JZ in a Cressida is nothing new, when we told people we bought a Cressida they asked us the very same thing. Just like RB's in 180's is not new, and SR's in old Datto's, its common knowledge.

I wouldn't say anything we do 'de-values' a particular car, except maybe for the last episode, which hopefully devalues some of the useless electric superchargers being sold for huge markup around the place.

Cheers
Marty from MCM
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:49 pm

MCM wrote:
Hey guys, glad you're enjoying the feature film.. was a great experience making that one.

Hiro to repond to your post, keep in mind we never ever claim to be experts. We do as much research as possible (many people are contacted who ARE considered experts in their field) to try and present the facts. In the pod filter and CAI episode, we showed the results that we got on the day, and even invited people to respond with their results in the same situation.

Putting a 1JZ in a Cressida is nothing new, when we told people we bought a Cressida they asked us the very same thing. Just like RB's in 180's is not new, and SR's in old Datto's, its common knowledge.

I wouldn't say anything we do 'de-values' a particular car, except maybe for the last episode, which hopefully devalues some of the useless electric superchargers being sold for huge markup around the place.

Cheers
Marty from MCM

Fair enough, I might have worded it a bit wrong - my beef isn't really with the show (I like a bit of light-hearted car-based viewing as much as anyone, if not more), more the way that the show gets used as an example (often excessively/incorrectly) by people in the car scene, and that annoys me. Just mention to someone that you recently installed a pod filter and they often go "oh dude you wasted your money, haven't you seen the MCM video, they busted that" without even knowing the particulars (mounted outside the engine-bay, cold air feed and ducting, factory sensors retained etc)

In saying that though, any more negative press you can give to electric superchargers (except for the genuine ones in development by the actual car companies) would be much appreciated Razz
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 am

welcome to the site marty
Back to top Go down
MCM

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 am

miib14 wrote:

Thanks mate.

Hiro: yep makes sense, unfortunately you get that everywhere... usually 'i read it on a forum'.

Pod was setup to pretty much emulate the way MOST people would install pods. We've had them on cars with aftermarket management or big HP setups where there was no other way to go because a factory airbox simply wouldn't fit and it was better than having no filter at all - like anything, tune for it and you're gonna see better gains.

re: people using show as an example, same attitude exists about forums "didn't you read Tom14's post? he said it doesn't work"

people just gotta get out there and find out for themselves, we take people on the ride with us.

glad you like it! cheers fellas
Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 am

there really is some awesome info your videos marty

also can i ask how you came about the site?
Back to top Go down
Skorp
Elite Member
Elite Member
Skorp

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 am

I'm a huge fan.. have been wathcing it almost since start. I don't think people are looking on them like experts as you imply hiro. Altough, they are well above the normal "Ricer-guy" on the block.
I do not feel that i learn much watching the show.. but there are alot of good tips and tricks i never knew of. I just watch it for entertainment as i like the guys.
Looks like you have so much fun doing your mods, driving your cars, in your trips etc.
Would be cool if you did somthing like this: http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/maxi-micra-project-by-ebbdude.40439/

Since you allready have done some tuning on turbo cars, and some styling, i think budget na tuning would be soo much fun to watch. Smile

Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 am

MCM wrote:
miib14 wrote:

Thanks mate.

Hiro: yep makes sense, unfortunately you get that everywhere... usually 'i read it on a forum'.

Pod was setup to pretty much emulate the way MOST people would install pods. We've had them on cars with aftermarket management or big HP setups where there was no other way to go because a factory airbox simply wouldn't fit and it was better than having no filter at all - like anything, tune for it and you're gonna see better gains.

re: people using show as an example, same attitude exists about forums "didn't you read Tom14's post? he said it doesn't work"

people just gotta get out there and find out for themselves, we take people on the ride with us.

glad you like it! cheers fellas

Yeah, I just about switch off when someone tries to sound intelligent by saying "I read it on a forum" tacked on to the end of a string of bullshit, especially around school holidays, when kids who have never even opened the bonnet on a car have a lot of free time to spend watching YouTube and posting on forums. I like to think of MCM being one step higher on the "perceived authority" scale than just an average forum.

You're right about it being everywhere though, you get the same problems with Top Gear and Mythbusters too - two very popular shows which at their heart are designed for entertainment but do use factual elements along the way. Even Mythbusters get it wrong sometimes (breakstep bridge and Tesla's resonance earthquake machine, for instance), due to their lack of knowledge of the science behind the myth (they're special effects gurus, not scientists), but people assume they know EVERYTHING and if Mythbusters busted it, then it MUST be a myth (fortunately they have a tendency to re-visit or re-correct myths that they got wrong). Being an engineer I occasionally have to yell at the screen "you're doing it wrong!", but that's just my own little idiosyncracy...

Skorp wrote:
I don't think people are looking on them like experts as you imply hiro. Altough, they are well above the normal "Ricer-guy" on the block.

Maybe it's just an Australian thing...
Back to top Go down
knite
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
knite

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

i think its an awesome program and I find it more informative and a knowledge program as it shows me how to do simple mods that I want to do. Now i know how thanks to watching the show. on top of that it has a great sense of humour and it shows other things of interest like the huge market shops in japan i wish we had these here!! id love to walk around looking at second hand aftermarket parts all day long lol Very Happy

Ahuge welcome to marty and cant believe its you haha (jumps for joy) haha

please keep making great films and ill continue to watch Very Happy forget the critics m8 as to be honest your doing all the stuff we wanna do like build a show car etc etc Very Happy im sooooo jealous haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mighty car mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: mighty car mods   mighty car mods Empty

Back to top Go down

mighty car mods
Page 1 of 1