AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
Finally back to working on my rolla I_vote_lcapFinally back to working on my rolla I_voting_barFinally back to working on my rolla I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
Finally back to working on my rolla I_vote_lcapFinally back to working on my rolla I_voting_barFinally back to working on my rolla I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Finally back to working on my rolla

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Error Code 76E
Error Code 76E

Finally back to working on my rolla Empty
PostSubject: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 9:28 am

Some of you probably remember me from some time back in 2015 getting my first car, this gold one. Also probably remember me asking stupid questions about engine swaps. Luckily I've since, learned a lot and got my hands dirty on multiple occasions to figure out stuff on my own. Since then I've also owned another Corolla and still managed to keep this oldie but goldie. My blue Corolla had some pretty bad rusted spots, but a great top end that looked brand new. So I got together a ton of parts off of it and swapped them. Put the head on my 7afe pictured here. I have silvertop stored with a 7age planned at some point, but first I need to get this 7afe running again.

I got it running above 1200 rpm but it would start bogging badly under 1000 and die. I noticed (even after cleaning it) that I could see no sunlight around the valve in the throttle body. So I swapped the other throttle body with a spare from the blue car since I could see the sunlight around it inside. Once I get my battery charged I'll test it out again. But for now, here's some pictures of my car currently and my old blue car I never posted here.
Finally back to working on my rolla Img_2012
Finally back to working on my rolla Img_2011
Finally back to working on my rolla Img_2010
Finally back to working on my rolla Screen10

gold94corolla and Argew24 like this post

Back to top Go down
Error Code 76E
Error Code 76E

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 3:10 pm

Alrighty. So since I posted this I did some troubleshooting. Huge rookie mistake that I somehow over looked. Things I managed to replace to brand new in the process include:
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Fuel pressure regulator
Idle control valve
MAP
TPS
vacuum lines
Injectors
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Distributor
Alternator
The valve for my heater
Head swap with
New head gasket
Valve cover gaskets
Rebuilt the drums
New ground for chassis

My problem: low compression
Reason for low compression: loose spark plugs LMAO
Anyway. New suspension components sitting and waiting on it. Need to run some new brake line in the back. My compression is still a bit low, but that's fine. I'll throw some additive in the next oil change, then replace the engine later down the road I guess. My next immediate action this week is trouble shooting a battery draining issue, a new transmission pan, then hooking up my exhaust for an inspection. I'll post all that stuff after the fact. Then I'll get back to getting it looking good for the road and working on my interior. I already did a lot. Cleaned up 2 radio harness swaps and replaced loads of components in the OEM radio. I replaced some fabrics from pleather crap to some cool retro space stuff. Headliner after. If an admin wants me to start a new thread elsewhere I will. Otherwise I'll just update this thread from here forward.

Bryan1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Feel free to keep updating this thread if you like, or start a new one. Whatever makes most sense to you in the organization of things. I'd like to see what you've got going on, that interior work sounds interesting!

Error Code 76E likes this post

Back to top Go down
Error Code 76E
Error Code 76E

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 5:42 am

So I ended up tracing the draw to my DOME fuse and found no other draws from the driver door fuse box (have yet to see if I have more in the passenger side). Keep in mind this draw has been happening for a while. Well, my DOME draw was probably so high because of my trunk. I'm a doofus and forgot that I had taken my latch out while working on the trunk. Anyway, the draw may very well still be happening but the draw dropped from 2.4 to 0.1. so I decided that I'm just gonna rewire my interior lights to my own spots and control it with an independent switch. Then check out with a new battery if it's still drawing terribly high.

Currently getting all the parts I bought together so I know what I have. I have both axels, all 4 hubs, tie rods, and various other extra parts just because. I'm gonna spend a bit of money on some aftermarket parts for bracing the body a bit more. I like a stiff ride and good turns. I would upload some more pictures but it appears servimg won't let me log in. Will add to the thread when I get that situated.

Bryan1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bryan1

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Ultra Racing got some good stuff... highly recommend the fender braces

Error Code 76E likes this post

Back to top Go down
Error Code 76E
Error Code 76E

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyFri May 20, 2022 12:42 pm

Went to the scrapyard today and found the rarest local trim level 99 Rolla. The car had all of its S package interior still intact and all. I got the rear cushion, both buckets, and the steering wheel for $90. Pretty excited to start putting them on. Sadly within the last 24 hours my gas started leaking out really bad into my driveway and I'm not sure how it happened. Might need a new tank, not sure. I'll have to look into it after it finished pissing on the concrete lol
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySat May 21, 2022 1:28 pm

Error Code 76E wrote:
Sadly within the last 24 hours my gas started leaking out really bad into my driveway and I'm not sure how it happened. Might need a new tank, not sure. I'll have to look into it after it finished pissing on the concrete lol
My guess is that it's the fuel lines themselves. They have probably rusted through and will need to be replaced. Any other similar lines (brakes) are probably in similar condition.

Bryan1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Error Code 76E
Error Code 76E

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptySat May 21, 2022 1:42 pm

gold94corolla wrote:
Error Code 76E wrote:
Sadly within the last 24 hours my gas started leaking out really bad into my driveway and I'm not sure how it happened. Might need a new tank, not sure. I'll have to look into it after it finished pissing on the concrete lol
My guess is that it's the fuel lines themselves.  They have probably rusted through and will need to be replaced.  Any other similar lines (brakes) are probably in similar condition.

Yeah I've got a TON of new line. That's gonna be big on the to-do list

Bryan1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bryan1

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyTue May 24, 2022 11:22 am

I wonder if 8th gen rear seats fit our ae101s scratch
Back to top Go down
Error Code 76E
Error Code 76E

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla EmptyTue May 24, 2022 2:43 pm

Bryan1 wrote:
I wonder if 8th gen rear seats fit our ae101s scratch

Well that's what I pulled these from. A USDM 8th gen Corolla S. The rear bench cushion fits like a glove. Front seats needed some convincing with an impact gun lol. I didn't buy the rear folding back seat portion though, so I can't tell you yes or no.

gold94corolla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally back to working on my rolla   Finally back to working on my rolla Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally back to working on my rolla
Page 1 of 1