AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
JDM Differences EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
JDM Differences EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
JDM Differences EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
JDM Differences EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
JDM Differences EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
JDM Differences EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
JDM Differences EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
JDM Differences EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
JDM Differences EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
JDM Differences EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
JDM Differences EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
JDM Differences EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
JDM Differences EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
JDM Differences EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
JDM Differences EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
JDM Differences I_vote_lcapJDM Differences I_voting_barJDM Differences I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
JDM Differences I_vote_lcapJDM Differences I_voting_barJDM Differences I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

JDM Differences

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OliverWong

JDM Differences Empty
PostSubject: JDM Differences   JDM Differences EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Could someone please list for me the differences between the cars sold on the Japanese market and the Australian market
Back to top Go down
elements616

JDM Differences Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDM Differences   JDM Differences EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Welcome to the club.

There are plenty of minor and major differences, but too many accessories to count so I won't go into them too much. You can find out about most of the accessories from these links:

http://www.ae101ownersclub.org/t29-93-97-corolla-optional-extras-oem-features

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/130-corolla-7th-generation-1993-1997/367892-corolla-optional-extras-oem-features.html

I'll list a few interior differences.

All Japanese models had a digital clock next to the central air vents, whereas all Australian models had a false air vent.

All JDM Automatics had a red PWR/MANU switch on the gear shift just above the PRNDL. The Australian model does not have this switch, however the outline for the placement of the switch is still visible.

All JDM models had a small glovebox-like compartment on the panel under the steering wheel and key barrel. The Australian models did not have this as it was not allowed under Australian safety standards (or so I've heard).

The centre console in the Japanese model is slightly shorter than the Australian equivalent, and however it has 3 switch holes, where the Australian one only has one switch hole and a non-removable coin slot.

There's also a couple of exterior differences such as the colour-coded door handles and mudguards on most JDM models, and different front bumpers on JDM facelift AE101s and AE101FXs (plug fog lights on this one), not to mention the different tail lights on JDM sedans. And then there's the grilles; plenty and plenty of grilles. They weren't exactly a choice, however they certainly are key differences in comparing both models.

Hopefully this thread could become a section for posting notable differences between the models.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

JDM Differences Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDM Differences   JDM Differences EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 pm

elements616 wrote:

I'll list a few interior differences.
All Japanese models had a digital clock next to the central air vents, whereas all Australian models had a false air vent.
All Australian-MADE models have the fake vent. The Japanese-made AE102 Sprinter liftbacks sold here in 1995 had the clock Razz

Quote :
All JDM Automatics had a red PWR/MANU switch on the gear shift just above the PRNDL. The Australian model does not have this switch, however the outline for the placement of the switch is still visible.

This will be because Australia used the old hydraulically-controlled A240L transmission, not the electronic A24xE (which America also had, but I don't think they had the PWR/MANU switches)

Quote :
There's also a couple of exterior differences such as the colour-coded door handles and mudguards on most JDM models, and different front bumpers on JDM facelift AE101s and AE101FXs (plug fog lights on this one), not to mention the different tail lights on JDM sedans. And then there's the grilles; plenty and plenty of grilles. They weren't exactly a choice, however they certainly are key differences in comparing both models.

Add side-repeaters to that list too - Jap modes don't have them as they have indicators where our parkers are, and parkers built in to the main headlights.

I don't believe Japan ever had the 7AFE either.

Fortunately almost everything is cross-swappable between Jap and Aus models, with the key difference being that if it has wires you'll probably need to modify them yourself as the wiring is different and Aus-models didn't have the wiring pre-installed for options that never came out here.
Back to top Go down
OliverWong

JDM Differences Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDM Differences   JDM Differences EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 pm

I was wondering specifically about the coloured door surrounds and whether that was different between the two
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

JDM Differences Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDM Differences   JDM Differences EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 am

OliverWong wrote:
I was wondering specifically about the coloured door surrounds and whether that was different between the two

On Australian models the CSi and Conquest got body-coloured window frames, CSX and RV/Ultima got black window frames. I think the rub strips and door handles were slightly different, with CSi/Conquest/RV getting black and CSX/Ultima getting body-coloured, but that also might be different pre/post facelift
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JDM Differences Empty
PostSubject: Re: JDM Differences   JDM Differences Empty

Back to top Go down

JDM Differences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: General :: Car Chat-
Jump to: