AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyYesterday at 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build I_vote_lcapThe road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build I_voting_barThe road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build I_vote_lcapThe road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build I_voting_barThe road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
jorpakko
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toyfj45

The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build Empty
PostSubject: The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build   The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 7:58 pm

I've been lurking on the forum for a while now plus I have been hounding another forum member for information and to purchase parts so I thought I would finally start a build-up thread on my jdm import CE100.
Why a GTD build? Well why not? As I tell my mates compression ignition is where it's at......
At this stage the plan is to turbocharge or supercharge the 2c diesel. However if I can I would really like to set up a good compound turbo for the 2c using a td04-13/td04-19 set-up with a custom fuel injection pump using corolla/hilux & landcruiser parts.

At this stage so far I have managed to get a nice set of mags in a modest 15x6.5 size with some sticky 195/50r15's. But now it does need to get a little lower as there is a far air gap between the cars belly and the road!
As I mentioned in my intro in the hello section I did have a custom aluminium 3" intake with a pod filter. This was unbelievably loud so much so that after just a 1/2hr drive my ears would be ringing louder than when I've spent all day in the workshop using the 1" dr rattle gun!! Plus it was sucking in hot air since it wasn't protected from the engine ( not my finest hour). I have since managed to find the right size filter for my air box which I discovered is the same as the camry v6. So now my air box is back in and running a uni filter dual stage filter. I do plan to make a new air delivery for the air box since the factory box just gets its air from behind the p/s light which is really only just adequate.
The last few under hood mods I have done at this stage include a cusco strut bar, tweaking the fuel delivery and bumping up fuel timing a tad. Since doing that I have been having a bit of fun seeing the look on peoples faces behind me when I get up to a staggering 3500rpm and black smoke starts to belch out the exhaust!!!affraid  Other mods in the works atm are an oil catch can and second fuel filter before I pull the injectors and rebuild them.
I have also got an ultra racing rear strut bar mounted behind the seats.
Since joining up on the forum I have also discovered that I have a few goodies and odd bits in my car. Since talking with Scott the xe model shouldn't have a carpeted boot lid which I do and I have found out I have a crutch vent, which isn't odd but just something that domestic corollas didn't get. I also have a set of yakuza side skirts that I still need to fit to the car and an updated front bumper I am thinking of fitting if I can find the lip that was an option on them.
So I will try to get up some pics of the car in its current stage if I can figure it out and will try to document the build as I go. Cheers for looking and hope you enjoy something a bit different!
Back to top Go down
toyfj45

PostSubject: Re: The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build   The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Her are some photos I hope load! Apologies for only having night shots...
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build _MG_8606_zpsyfnvnu5m

The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build _MG_8624_zpspbchjje8
Back to top Go down
toyfj45

PostSubject: Re: The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build   The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Hope everyone had a good easter weekend. Mine started off slowly with me finally getting around to doing my timing belt. What a job that was!!
I also found a photo of the dirty diesel the first day I collected it. Left at 6.30am and didnt get home till 8.30pm. But I was limited a bit following my mate in his truck carting back the spare (free) diesel corolla.
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build 2013-04-07%2021.26.21_zpsqitbhdp9
Also have a photo of the crappy pod setup I used while looking for an air filter for the air box. That was a loud filter setup!
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build 20131020_084002_zpsvpaqeegl
Rear strut bar and front strut bar with airbox back in with a uni filter
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build 20140607_160412_zpscykbg70i
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build 20140508_095154_zpsrn0g0lnq
Apologies for the crappy cell phone pics
I saw one of my mates last week and he had just imported a set of dunlop sprint harts in a 14x6 size....tempting
The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build 20150217_173645_zpsjg7ktivu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build   The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build Empty

Back to top Go down

The road less traveled: 8 valves of fury, my GTD build
Page 1 of 1