AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications I_vote_lcapOEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications I_voting_barOEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications I_vote_lcapOEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications I_voting_barOEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corolla Sound
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
Corolla Sound

OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications Empty
PostSubject: OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications   OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:57 am

Im surprised there isnt already a thread for this. I finally picked up a Haynes Manual for the 93-02 Corolla/Prizm and Ive gone through it pretty thouroughly looking for these specs but could not find them.

From what I can find and remember, I believe the OE specs for exhaust and intake sizes are as follows:

Exhaust: 1.75"
Intake : 2.00"

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Back to top Go down
Paul De Nevele
Paul De Nevele

PostSubject: Re: OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications   OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 3:25 pm

I thought it was 1.75'' all the way. I changed mine for 2.5'' pipes all the way with the exhaust at 4'', it makes a really nice sound, even if it's auto.
Back to top Go down
redwing0001

PostSubject: Re: OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications   OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 am

most corollas sold all over the world use 1.75" dia exhaust pipes. Exceptions may be granted to 4AGE models which may use 2" pipes as standard.

Other exceptions are Silvertop and Blacktop models since they use tuned exhausts for optimal performance for the least noise production. Some corolla models even came with twin muffler models as standard even if they are equipped with 4AFEs....

The reason why 1.75" pipes are used is that it offers the best compromise for both low rpm and high rpm engine performance of most stock 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.8 litre toyota corolla engines.

Intake diameter is taken from the diameter of the throttle body. As far as I know, the 7AFE has the biggest single throttle body diameter to date for the corolla, at 60mm. early 4AGEs I am not sure but it cannot be bigger than 60mm for a single throttle body as well. 4AFEs I know use 50mm throttle bodies, so it is 2 inch.

Silvertop and Blacktop use ITBs but the stock single diameter of each one I doubt is bigger than 50mm.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications   OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

redwing0001 wrote:

Intake diameter is taken from the diameter of the throttle body. As far as I know, the 7AFE has the biggest single throttle body diameter to date for the corolla, at 60mm. early 4AGEs I am not sure but it cannot be bigger than 60mm for a single throttle body as well. 4AFEs I know use 50mm throttle bodies, so it is 2 inch.

Silvertop and Blacktop use ITBs but the stock single diameter of each one I doubt is bigger than 50mm.

In some parts of the world at least, 7AFE and 4AFE share the exact same throttle body (99% of everything above the headgasket is identical between the two).  And from memory 16V 4AGEs are 55mm, 20V throttles are 42mm/45mm for silvertop/blacktop respectively.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications   OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications Empty

Back to top Go down

OEM Exhaust and Intake Sizes and other Specifications
Page 1 of 1