AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register
AE101 Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» fog lights for a ae 101
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am by jorpakko

» WTB: AE101 Levin Body Parts - front and rear
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 am by motorsportbd

» My 96 wagon
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:13 am by emmet.harten3

» E10 corolla wagon / estate wind deflectors wanted
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:32 am by emmet.harten3

» wind deflectors for e10 estate / bz touring top spoiler
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:30 am by emmet.harten3

» genuine oem moulded Mud flaps
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:29 am by emmet.harten3

» Wanted gxi/20v front bumper for e10 corolla
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 am by emmet.harten3

» AE101 arm rest
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 1:30 am by emmet.harten3

» Marvin the ZZE122 Wagon
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:53 pm by gold94corolla

» 7AGE Blacktop
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm by gold94corolla

» RARE JDM OEM PARTS
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am by prnguy

» Te1 jumper to E1 wont flash codes
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm by kaitaiya

» AE101 Crotch Vent Install
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:36 pm by gold94corolla

» Ae 100 1993 Windscreen issue
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

» I'M FROM MALAYSIA. HELLO COROLLA AE101/AE111 WORLDWIDE LOVERS!
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm by Yunmiliautoparts

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 316 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 am
Top posters
miib14 (7382)
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 I_voting_bar!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5234)
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 I_voting_bar!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1053)
Top posting users this month
jorpakko
Statistics
We have 4025 registered users
The newest registered user is JerseyRolla97

Our users have posted a total of 42623 messages in 3011 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!
Most Viewed Topics
The Photography Thread
93-97 corolla optional extras & OEM Features
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
★ The AE-202 Project ★
Levin SS Twinpots on Stock E10 Mac Hub
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
Club Shirt (pending). interested?
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Lexus IS300
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Most active topics
★ The AE-202 Project ★
My 93' Corolla from New Zealand (JDM AE100)
Lexus IS300
Corolla Sound's 97 DX AE101 On-Going Project
★ The AE-202 Project (Continued) ★
Project ce100 rises
Rachids XLi to GLTSJDMi+ project
RARE JDM OEM PARTS
KennyDang91's Corolla 95 (Warning: Tons of pics on page 1)
Daves Corolla
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

!"#¤%& useless moneypit!!

Go down 
+9
kennydang91
Hiro
MirrorEyes
gold94corolla
1993 fxgt
miib14
akuma64
CiaranConnor
Yankee
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hiro
Hiro

!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 pm

gold94corolla wrote:
Hiro wrote:
gold94corolla wrote:
it's actually a LOT easier to install coilovers.  I'll never do springs again lol.
If you've got spring compressors then doing springs/struts is barely any harder than full coilovers...
I'm not sure which spring compressors you use, but the ones I rent from the parts store are a huge pain to use.  Actually, suspension was a piece of cake on the AE101 because of it's simple suspension design layout, but the IS300 was a nightmare to fit springs, no room for the spring compressors.  Coilovers are 100 million times easier because they are already compressed for you, one package piece.
No room for the compressors?  If you're pulling both struts/shocks and springs out then you don't put the compressors on until the whole unit is out of the car - the top hat and piston nut keep the unit together (just make sure you crack the piston nut whilst still installed in the car to make it much easier to remove later).  You use the compressors to take the load off the top hat allowing you to take it off, pull the springs out (and then take the compressors off and fit them to the new springs), fit the new springs (already compressed), fit the top hat and piston nut and THEN uncompress the springs, then re-install into the car.

These are the ones I used
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 12548

And here's a MCM video showing the same process I used
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
magweal

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Hiro wrote:
gold94corolla wrote:
Hiro wrote:
gold94corolla wrote:
it's actually a LOT easier to install coilovers.  I'll never do springs again lol.
If you've got spring compressors then doing springs/struts is barely any harder than full coilovers...
I'm not sure which spring compressors you use, but the ones I rent from the parts store are a huge pain to use.  Actually, suspension was a piece of cake on the AE101 because of it's simple suspension design layout, but the IS300 was a nightmare to fit springs, no room for the spring compressors.  Coilovers are 100 million times easier because they are already compressed for you, one package piece.
No room for the compressors?  If you're pulling both struts/shocks and springs out then you don't put the compressors on until the whole unit is out of the car - the top hat and piston nut keep the unit together (just make sure you crack the piston nut whilst still installed in the car to make it much easier to remove later).  You use the compressors to take the load off the top hat allowing you to take it off, pull the springs out (and then take the compressors off and fit them to the new springs), fit the new springs (already compressed), fit the top hat and piston nut and THEN uncompress the springs, then re-install into the car.

These are the ones I used
!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 12548

And here's a MCM video showing the same process I used

DITTO.
Haha you beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 pm

30/30mm Supersport lowering springs collected! Very Happy

!"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 9546627732_4141356592_z
DSC07664 by joachim3083, on Flickr

The windows will get tinted this week and my car is going too get fixed next wednesday because it needs a new wheel bearing Sad
Back to top Go down
magweal
New Zealand Rep
New Zealand Rep
magweal

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 am

Yay, I bet your happry as a kid in a lollie shop now that there here.
Don't forget your car is around 20ish year old, parts are getting old.
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 am

You know, I can't believe I didn't think to take off the suspension all as one unit until after I had done them all. I took off the strut nut instead of the 3 on the hat.
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 am

Thats right magweal, I could not be more happy at the moment! Very Happy

I know I will need too replace the shocks but I want too replace the springs with coilovers in the future.

I'm not gonna build a showcar out of my daily driver, all I want is a Corolla that does not look like every other stock Corolla where I live, here those cars are perfect for people that dont have alot of money.

I talked too the guy thats gonna tint the windows on my car and he said he will get it done sometime this week.

Last edited by Yankee on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Hiro

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

gold94corolla wrote:
You know, I can't believe I didn't think to take off the suspension all as one unit until after I had done them all.  I took off the strut nut instead of the 3 on the hat.
n00b....Razz
Back to top Go down
gold94corolla
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
gold94corolla

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 am

Hey, yeah I was totally a noob the first (and only) time I did it! It took me like 7 years to finally get to that point haha.
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 am

I managed too get the front loweringsprings on but the rear ones where a pain in the ass, I'll have another go at them soon.

What shocks should I use? I will be replacing them when I can afford it aswell, but the payments on my apartment comes first.

All I want is a dependable car which apparently is to much to ask for right now...
Back to top Go down
Dirty1
Dirty1

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

Yankee wrote:
I stopped by the garage today too see how hard it would be too fit a set of loweringsprings and the mechanic told me that it would easily cost £1100 with parts and labour, then after he had taken a look at my car he told me that it looked like my car had been in an accident at some point in its life and he could fix it but he told me it would be cheaper for me too buy another car and send the corolla too the junkyard...

I'm so !"#¤%&/( mad right now!!

What should I do?
/end rant
What a rip off Shocked £1,100 to fit springs . I can fit all 4 in less than 1.5hrs , For the price he is looking I'd fly over to Norway and fit them for you lol! 
Back to top Go down
Cini_T97
Cini_T97

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:12 am

Thats some rip off! I installed 4 sprins into my rolla today in less than an hour! All you need is a decent socket set and a loan of spring clamps and a friend or 2 to help!
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am

Dirty1 and Cini_T97: I have gotten the front loweringsprings on and I will have a go at the rear springs this weekend, I was planning on getting the windows tinted but there are things that are more important at the moment.

And btw, I have ordered a new frontlip and I will post a picture when it is on my car, all I care to say now is that I have not seen that frontlip on any Corolla here since I joined. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cini_T97
Cini_T97

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:03 am

Just a quick tip for the rear where the 2 break lines meat not split them unless you wanna go bleading brakes! What i did was cut out a small piece out of the mount on the shock... I will post a pic in a few minutes!
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:05 am

Thanks Cini, I keep thinking what might be wrong with my car since the 16" 4x100 wheels I have in my shed dont want to fit after I changed the calipers..
Back to top Go down
Cini_T97
Cini_T97

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 am

Yankee wrote:
Thanks Cini, I keep thinking what might be wrong with my car since the 16" 4x100 wheels I have in my shed dont want to fit after I changed the calipers..
The photo wont upload my laptop is slightly on the old side but ill just write it easier to understand....

1.Remove wheel jack up car
2.On the shock remove the clip that secures the brakes to the shock
3.Push down on hose to get it out of the way
4.Get an angle grinder and make a slit about 8mil in size or big enuf for the copper solid line to pass out..

Simple after that!
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 am

Thanks Cini, I'll try and get the frontlip fitted this weekend also, I've never seen a Corolla with this lip Razz
Back to top Go down
Cini_T97
Cini_T97

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:55 am

No problem! Just trying to help another Toyota Enthusiast! I like the sound of this lip! Any sneak preview?
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:43 pm

No sneak preview but the lip is from a VW Golf 3 VR6 Wink
Back to top Go down
Cini_T97
Cini_T97

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 5:04 am

Sounds quite intresting!
Back to top Go down
Yankee
Norway Rep
Norway Rep

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:31 am

It should be interesting! ;)But its 10cm to short by the wheelarches.. Maybe I'll put it on my car anyway and see how it looks before buying another VR6 lip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !"#¤%& useless moneypit!!   !"#¤%& useless moneypit!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

!"#¤%& useless moneypit!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: General :: Steam Room & Rants-
Jump to: